Monday, December 12, 2016

Baking away...

Despite the hustling about this past weekend, I was able to get in a little baking for homemade presents.  My house smelled of chocolate, strawberry jam, shortbread and peanut butter, as I made strawberry thumbprints with chocolate drizzle, no-bake cookies, peanut butter blossoms and chocolate caramel pretzels. And the sounds of Christmas music and movies wafted through the house. Sounds delightful, doesn't it?






Well, it was mostly delightful, though interspersed here and there was me swearing at one of the dogs who were always under foot, shooing cats away from the mixer, and the Christmas movies were Scrooged and Return of the Jedi!

What can I say, we're a family of animal loving geeks.

Today, we are being treated to a snowstorm! We're expecting 6-10 inches. And despite the driving conditions (as in several of my fellow drivers don’t know how to drive in snow, making it treacherous for the rest of us), I love that we’ll have a white Christmas. This morning, my wonderful husband cleaned off my car, started it and pulled it right up to the deck, so I wouldn’t have to walk far. I’m so thankful to have such a thoughtful and selfless partner in crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment